Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Miracles in the moments of your life......

OMG.....look at that a middle aged woman using Y generation language to express excitement....but I digress.   The most amazing thing happened today.   It is moments like this that I realize how blessed I am to live in the moment of my life and not get wrapped up in all the busyness of the world.   As I have said many times before, cancer is NOT a blessing, no way no how .....but there are blessings in my life because I have been taken to the abyss and know that I must live every moment that I have in order to make my life worthwhile.   Well today again proved my point.......

Sitting having coffee, quietly watching the world go by I saw the most amazing thing.    All of a sudden right past my kitchen window flies a very large bird.....I know instinctively that it is a baby hawk.    I have a huge walnut tree in my backyard and just know that he/she has landed in it.   I run to the back door, in pajamas and bare feet and look out and up and   There she is!    But she sounds sad.   She is making the most woeful (is that a word) sound.    Maybe she's looking for her mother?
 I go outside and look up and she is just sitting in the tree making this noise.   That is when the most incredible thing happens.....a little black squirrel climbs up the tree toward her.   I am a little concerned because I think that 'oh no, she's going to eat her'....not the squirrel the hawk you know what I mean....but no the squirrel goes right up beside her and just looks at her.   I think she heard that sad sound too and was going to see what was the matter.    They just looked at each other for a minute and then the hawk moved to a higher branch and sat again.   And again the squirrel began to climb....then she flew off.  I just stood there thinking this is beautiful....I have been so blessed to be a part of this moment which on many levels is so simple but so profound.

I didn't get a picture, because I have realized that running into the house to grab my camera is NOT living in the moment.   You not only don't get a picture but you end up missing the whole thing.    So I have the picture in my head, the memory in my heart, to relive anytime I want .

Thank you God for allowing me to recognize that we only see miracles when we live in the moment....each moment has its own story so live there and allow yourself to write your own blessed scriptures of your unique and special life.      Thank you hawk and squirrel I am smiling because of you today......

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Wow! That is so awesome. I am glad you did not get your camera and stayed in the moment. I am very glad that you shared this special moment with us! xo