Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gardening, my new therapy!!!!

I have come to realize, in Canada at least, computers are a winter activitiy.  Now that the sun is shining, and that the rain is gone, I have taken to the spring sport of gardening.   Just being in the sun, wind and actually playing in the dirt I feel like I have a new kind of therapy.   Maybe it is the belief that I am making something come to life, a co-creator in this world of nature.   I have been so busy doing things outside that I seem to forget even to turn the computer on.   I don't think I am totally alone though, becasue my e-mail has drastically dropped.  Either everyone else is outside, or maybe I have no more friends.  Which ever, I am right now feeling quite content and happy.   I sit in my little garden and watch nature play and I feel like I am the luckiest person around.   I have helped a friend garden too, which is humbling b/c her idea of gardening and mine are quite different....she goes big I go small....it actually helps to make my work seem manageable!!!!!

So I will occassionally take time to journal, and keep myself honest about how my life is unfolding.  I will probably complain about being tired alot, but it will be from actual physical activity.   The topics will probably be more about gardening, travelling, and just plain living, rather than depressing talk of disease and decay.   In springtime, how can anyone believe that life is temporary.  It just changes, it really doesn't end.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

I am in Canada and we are having the worst Spring in history. So, I am still on the computer. I will keep waiting!

As for you, enjoy!

Marilou said...

Gardening seems to rejuvenate lots of folks. Enjoy the spring because I fear the long hot summer is upon us.