Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Good friends, good life!

There are moments in your life when you are very clearly reminded of how lucky  you are.   Last night was one of those moments for me.    Celebrating friendship, the Christmas season, and really good food!
For all that I have gone through both over nine years and more particularly the past couple of months, I can still say that I am a very blessed person.   I have such very good friends, some old and some new, but people in my life who are kind, caring and very fun.   It is such an eclectic group, which tells me that the karma in my life is still very positive.

I still have my moments, and life sometimes hits me on the side of the head, but for now I will bask in the sunshine of the season, grateful that my family and friends are safe, warm, and not stranded on a highway in a blinding snow storm.   The last few days, with the terrible snow squalls and the many people stranded for 24 hours and more in snow drifts, makes my little house with its heat seem like a real harbour in a storm.  I mean that both literally and figuratively.  Putting life in perspective is always a really good thing.  As much as it may seem that trouble only comes to me, I am reminded daily both from a personal point of view and from a public one that we all have troubles and that life really is 'character building, not comfort seeking'.  So again, it all comes down to attitude and how you choose to see the world around you.   Today I choose to see the glass 'half full' (of a good white wine) and hopefully that attitude will last throughout the Christmas season.

To everyone, I wish you a blessed Christmas with family and friends, and may the peace and love of Christ be present in your lives however you may see that......God bless and happy Christmas!

No comments: