Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Family Visits???!!!!!

Well life has again brought me to interesting insights and places both figuratively and literally.  I am visiting family with can be both a blessing and a curse, and I mean that from both sides not just my own.   We are so excited to see those members of our family that we have not seen for sometime, but as is often the human way, we forget too those little annoyances that go along with these visits.  I can honestly say that I have made a decision to, if not enjoy these moments of annoyance, at least to reflect on the uniqueness of each person and how we all seem to fit into the play that we call family life.

I have been both surprised at how such an attitude has aided me in really appreciating my family, but also how it has illustrated my own little 'idiocyncracies' that I am sure have a similar effect on them   We are so different yet in so many ways the same....just different degrees of dysfunction at different times.


I plan on making this trip an opportunity for joy, laughter, excitement and even maybe a little growth in my own life in patience, understanding and tolerance.  I am blessed to be able to see that these moments are to be treasured and saved as times that may never be captured again.   At the same time, I am missing those who I have left behind and realizing the blessing they too are in my life.

Life is an interesting cycle of visits and misses, but all in all the people in our lives are what make up the substance of our own narrative....let's make the story one that is to be shared, savoured and honoured......three more weeks to go!

1 comment:

tamara said...

Missing you already! Hurry home!