Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Living in the Moments.....

Haven't spent much time lately on or around the computer.   It is beautiful outside and who wants to waste time inside when the sun is shining and birds are singing.  Also, I find it really easy to forget all my troubles and just live each day at this time of year.    Things are the same old same old, but my mood and spirits are good and so the last thing I think about is sitting down and talking about me and my maladies.    I would like to share a beautiful quote that I read recently:

"rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite.  It actually takes guts.  Each time we drop our complaints and allow everyday good fortune to inspire us, we enter the warrior's world.   We can do this even at the most difficult moments.  Everything we see, hear, taste and smell has the power to strengthen and uplift us."   Pema Chodron

So with that in mind....take time to enjoy the world around you and 'live in the moment'..........

2 comments:

Pat said...

...it's the simple things!

Birdie said...

Life is too short, for everyone to sit in front of a computer. I have taken summer of of Facebook. I do still blog as it is my therapy.
It is a great time to be outside and just "being".